|You Tube, Videos, and the Internet
|As an online marketing company we are always studying what is happening on the internet. Fads come and go, but significant new trends emerge as well. Over the last 10 – 15 years as the internet has exploded online marketing has constantly evolved. Remember the dot.bomb fiasco of the late 90's. All the hype was around "hits" on your website. That proved to be a poor indicator of website performance so people developed better methods to measure website success.
The trend for quite some time has been to optimize your website so it will rank highly on the search engines. So the search engine optimization (SEO) industry exploded with firms developing expertise in this area. WEO Media is no different. It makes financial sense so we all do it. SEO was, is, and will continue to be extremely important, but…
Online marketing is really composed of two primary parts:
1) Get traffic to your website (SEO, PPC)
2) Get website visitors to take the actions you want them to take
Not nearly as much attention has been paid to the second part of the equation. There are many things that can be done on the website itself to improve overall effectiveness. One of the most effective items is the addition of video. By using video a website significantly increases conversions and time spent on the site.
Video marketing has exploded in recent years with the rise of You Tube and similar sites. Consider these revealing statistics:
How People Learn
• According to the US Dept of Labor 83% of human learning is done visually, and has a 6 times better retention rate then learning by hearing.
• People only retain 10% of what they hear, but retain 80% of what they see.
• According to the Wharton School of Business sales presentations are 70% more effective with visual aids.
The Impact of Online Videos
• Visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy than visitors who do not. (Internet Retailer, April 2010)
• Both Google and MSN have reported that video marketing can increase website sales by up to 73%.
• Enterprise search provider Attivio found that pages with video attracted 2-3X as many monthly visitors, doubled time on site, and achieved a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines. (MarketingSherpa, December 2011)
• Shoeline.com saw a 44% increase in online sales conversions by using videos to showcase their products.
• Nearly 40% of consumers report that videos increase their likelihood of making a purchase on a mobile device. (Adobe Mobile Consumer Survey, 2012)
At WEO we've been researching video marketing as a service for over 6 months and we are very excited to announce the launch of our video marketing service in September. Be sure to read our September newsletter for more information. Contact Ian if you have any questions, or would like to learn more.
Phone: (888) 246-6906
|Guru Website Videos Special
|In the spirit of promoting videos on your website, we are offering a special reduced rate for our dental clients. Guru website videos are reduced from $49/month to only $39/month.
Guru videos have two significant benefits for dental websites:
1) Improved website conversions – convert website traffic into new patients.
2) Increase recommended case acceptance rate.
NOTE: To view an assortment of Guru website videos click here and scroll down the page: Guru video example page
The first item has been addressed in our main article this month. However, case acceptance is a topic seldom discussed among dental marketers.
According to Guru the national case acceptance rate in the dental industry is 30 – 40%.
The two primary reasons for low case acceptance are:
1) 80 - 90% of patients don't understand the details of the options being presented to them.
2) Patients don't understand the relationship between oral health and systemic health with other systems in the body.
If patients don't understand the implications of their decision on their overall health, they really only have a couple of factors to base their decision on:
1) How much does it cost?
2) Does my insurance cover it?
By educating patients about a third factor (the impact on their overall health – both oral and systemic), dental offices will develop a higher case acceptance rate.
A survey conducted of dentists using the Guru service found those dental practices had an increase of 27% in their case acceptance rate. Over 7,000 dentists worldwide use the Guru service, and WEO heartily recommends it to our dental clients as well.
Bottom line…it's better for your patients, and better for your bottom line.
Product update: Guru plans to launch 50 new dental animation videos in September.
Contact us for more information.
|Upcoming Webinar – Sept 5
|If you are like most dentists, then odds are good at some point in your career you will have to deal with someone posting negative comments about you and / or your practice on the internet. It's just the nature of being a service provider, and it happens more often than you might think.
In this webinar we'll discuss the following topics:
1) What is online reputation management, and why is it important?
2) How to analyze your current online reputation.
3) Several strategies to proactively improve your online reputation.
4) How to monitor your online reputation over time.
5) How online reputation management actually helps your SEO as well.
Reputation Management for Dentists
Wed - Sept 5, 2012
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM Pacific Time Zone
Click here to register: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/738257006